The flight training department of Heli Service Belgium N.V. is recognized by the Belgian Civil Aviation Authority as Registered Facility (RF) for the theoretical and practical schooling of private helicopter pilot (PPL-H). Additional training for a type rating is also possible within the flight training department.
Heli Service Belgium organizes the complete flight training according to the European Joint Aviation Requirements for Flight Crew Licensing. Having obtained a PPL(H) flying license allows flying in other countries too.
For flying training we use the Robinson R22 and the Robinson R44 helicopters.
One can start the private helicopter training as from the age of 16. Prior to the first solo flight, the candidate must possess a student-pilot license and a medical certificate class 2.
The assignment of a student-license requires a declaration of good behavior???conduct “for a public administration”.
The training consists of two basic parts:
- A theoretical part
- A practical part
- Both parts can be combined during the training period.
In order to obtain the PPL(H) license, you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimal age: 17 years
- Disposing of a valid medical certificate class 2
- Disposing of a valid student-pilot license
- Have succeeded in the theoretical exam
- Minimum number of flying hours during the training period
- Have succeeded in the general flight test with a qualified examiner